Friday, September 4, 2026

Morning Skies & Art


I am having issues leaving comments and responding too! I hope it will be fixed! :( 

Happy Friday! 

Linking up today with the wonderful Nicole and her lovely blog  Friday Face Off  and the lovely Gillena  over at Art For Fun Friday. 

Lately feeling nervous for my daughter as she will be attending high school next week.  Change makes me nervous. I am sure she will have a wonderful time and things will be great. 

Hubby sent me a morning sunrise photo from work.  The day after the big storm.


* I'm having an issue with responding to comments again. So annoyed. I am sorry. 

A little mixed media and not sure how I feel about her. 



Hubby sent me this photo of the morning sunrise
Toronto September 4, 2026



Favourite chocolate


Blogging


Watercolour and paint and glitter
Not sure how I feel about this piece
It's a little more fun and whimsical


Painting




Collage in my Autumn Junk Journal





Another Collage in my Autumn Junk Journal





Made baked pumpkin donuts and they were a little too moist from the pumpkin but I will try again another time. 



Thank you all so much and have a lovely weekend!

I hope this comment thing fixes it self. 

All the best my friends!

Thank you again,

Maria


26 comments:

  1. Lovely art, I am having trouble commenting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine I think it is working now! I’m going to visit the blogs and try to leave comments and see if it works. I love your drawing by the way. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. ...I wish you plenty of beautiful morning skies, start beautiful days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your donuts look fantastic Maria. I haven't made baked donuts but I should try. And wow, the views from your husband's office really are amazing. Nice faces too. I love make collage junk journals. They are so relaxing to do. Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Erika! Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  4. I'm sure your daughter will be fine. Comments are back. Love your painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy the comments are back! Yay! Have a lovely weekend and thank you!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on having one of your beautiful portraits featured in Nicole's FFO post. I love your collages, especially that first one. I don't know what was going on with Blogger, but glad they got it fixed... happy FFO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rev. Arnoldo. So happy Blogger fixed whatever was going on with comments. Thank you for your visit and your lovely comment. I am grateful for the feature. Nicole is my inspiration! Happy FFO and have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  6. I know your daughter will do perfectly well at school. The photos your husband sent are gorgeous. Have I told you lately how much I love your art? You have a way of making joy and I truly admire that. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a very nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole thank you so much for your wonderful comment! Thank you for featuring my artwork on your lovely blog. I admire your artwork and your artwork inspires me. You are very very talented my friend. Thank you so much again, have a lovely weekend and Happy FFO! :)

      Delete
    2. your art work is delightful ~ 2nd portrait is a favorite and lovely collage work ~ beautiful sky photo too hubby sent ~ Hugs ^_^'

      Thanks for commenting on my blog ^_^

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much for your comment! Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  7. Nice art and photos
    Thanks for linking to AFFF
    i am late in commenting, because over the lat 2 days my comments were not publishing

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  8. High school! Time runs, huh. You have a great hubby and I love your art! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like the two portraits you did. They're fun and you have a beautiful style.
    High school is a challenge, but if your daughter has good friends who will attend the same school, it will be easier for her. The first few weeks are a bit "wild", but then things usually pretty much settle down. I wish her luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carola! I appreciate it! have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  10. J’aime beaucoup tes peintures et tes dessins je trouve cela très touchant et tu ne dois pas douter de ton art. Je souhaite à ta fille une bonne et heureuse rentrée.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kwarkito! I appreciate your comment. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  11. Your artworks are wonderful. I really like that the faces have different personalities. Those donuts look delicious. I have yet to find a recipe for baked donut that is not dry. The photos that your husband took are gorgeous. I am sure your daughter will be fine in high school. Have a great week, Maria.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you have a lovely week and thank you Soma!

      Delete
  12. Dear Maria, WOW, your husband really has a fantastic view from his window. What beautiful skies he always sends you!

    I really like your paintings and collages – and I think your pumpkin donuts look great too. I think they taste better when they're a little moist than when they're dry!
    All the best for your daughter's new start at high school!
    All the best from Austria 🤗
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/09/reisebericht-2025-okanagan-valley-lake.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Traude! I appreciate it so much!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!