I painted this long time ago. Watercolours.
Linking up with
Hello lovely friends, I hope you are all good. I am grateful for this month. Even though I did not make art this month I did do a word search puzzle, I did some reading and colouring. I was not motivated but I am sure things will get better. I've been enjoying fermenting foods at the moment.
We had a very bad storm in July and all the houses in our neighbourhood lost a lot of trees. I guess it was a mini tornado because the trees were pulled out of the earth. I am grateful that this month is over and I look forward to August. Heading into fall is my favourite thing in the world.
A picture of Toronto.
My husband always sends me pictures from his work.
You can see the CN Tower in the distance.
Here I have my fermentations.
I have carrots, peppers, cucumbers, rosemary, basil and what you don't see in this picture is that I also have lemons and garlic too. I would like to make red onions and look forward to making beets and cabbage too. I eat these with every meal and it helps my digestion.
A sunrise photo from my husbands work.
Have a lovely August and a lovely weekend. We have a long weekend here in Ontario.
I hope I will be able to make a vlog soon. I miss making vlogs but I am stuck in my head at the moment.
Also too many emotions all over the place.
Thank you all so much!
Must positivity and sunshine your way!
Maria

...Maria, you fermentations look mighty good to me. I wish you an Awesome August.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Tom! Have a wonderful August!
DeleteI love the pensive look of that beautiful woman in your portrait, which I believe looks like you. Those fermented veggies sound scrumptious. I believe you need to work in whatever makes you happy and brings you peace, whether it's art, cooking, or both. My wife loves gardening and cooking, so she pickles all the veggies that she knows we won't be able to eat on time. I love that sunrise picture your husband took for you. Blessings, my friend!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Rev. Arnoldo! pickling sounds lovely! I should try making something pickled. I appreciate your visit. Thank you!
DeleteYour watercolour portrait is lovely and pensive! Yes, I have read that fermented food is excellent for us and we should all eat more!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! Have a lovely August!
DeleteLovely portrait! Your summer is going well.-Christine cmlk69.blogspot.com
DeleteThank you!
DeleteHi Maria, I love seeing your beautiful girl in watercolor. You are so excellent with that medium. Ohhh fermented foods. I would like to know how you make those. Everyone should be eating more fermented foods. Ohhh a mini tornado that is scary. I hope your trees and house managed OK. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a very nice weekend.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Nicole! Fermentation is super easy! Salt and water and wait until the water goes cloudy. I test the PH balance of each veg I make. Super yummy! They have lots of videos on Youtube. :) Have a lovely Friday and a wonderful weekend! Thank you Nicole!
DeleteYour pickles look yummy
ReplyDeleteThanks your linking to AFFF 220
Have a good weekend
Much love
Thank you Gillena! Have a lovely weekend! hugs!
DeleteLove your new header, Maria. It's sad that your husband is seeing sunrise from his office ~ I can always hope that it is a winter photo. I've been struggling with motivation too. But then I look at all the fermented foods you made, and that strikes me as motivated. I'm glad that your neighborhood didn't suffer worse damage. Take care!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! Everything was okay with our trees. Just some branches broke off. We are all safe and well. Thank you so much and have a lovely weekend!
Delete